Boost your diet with a homemade green drink [Video]
Have you ever met a person who got fat or sick and unhealthy from eating too many fruits and veggies? Didn't think so. Eat 'em up, and then eat more!
Green drinks are a great way to load up on fruits and veggies. Better yet, green drinks load you up on raw fruits and veggies, so none of the nutrients are cooked out. Green drinks are simple to make in a blender. So, here's a new video showing how I make my green drinks (I'm trying to get better at these videos, slow progress!).
Additional tips on making a green drink:
- Green drinks can be a meal or snack. I blend a pitcher and keep it in the fridge to sip on throughout the day.
- Green drinks are an easy, inexpensive, all natural alternative to energy drinks and powders sold at the store. So simple, it's a no brainer!
- Take advantage of green drinks to add variety to your diet. Choose fruits and veggies you often don't eat. For example, spinach and cucumber work great in a green drink, but I already eat them frequently in salads. I use kale, parsley and swiss chard in my green drinks since I don't eat those vegetables as often.
- Experiment with different fruits and flavors for your green drink. I've found that kiwi has a strong and sweet flavor I prefer in my drinks.
- Take your green drinks on the go. I fill up reused glass jars with the green drink and take it with me to enjoy at work or while sitting on the beach.
- Green drinks stay fresh in the refrigerator for more than 24 hours.
- Vitamix blenders make a much smoother green drink. If, like me, you don't have a $700 blender, your green drink won't be perfectly smooth. Drink it with a straw and you won't notice any texture.
- To get the full detox benefits of green drinks, choose organic fruits and veggies that have not been treated with pesticides.
I was feeling a bit sluggish this week so I've been making a green drink everyday. I really am feeling much better now!
Special thanks to Heather Tyng at Vegan Virginia Beach for getting me addicted to these drinks!